SPECIALIZES IN NUTRITION AND TRAINING FOR POWERLIFTING, CrossFit & BODYBUILDING
Greg Farris is the founder of MyoBrain. Our mission is provide personable coaching with scientific, evidence-based plans for fat loss, muscle gain and performance. In addition to online coaching since 2013, Greg has completed an undergraduate degree in Health Promotion and Master's in nutrition.
- Sports nutrition intern for Philadelphia Eagles (2016)
- Assistant strength and conditioning coach for D2 soccer program (2012)
- Sports nutrition intern for Texas Tech athletic department (2013)
- 3 years of one-on-one personal training (2010-2012)
- 4 years of online coaching via MyoBrain (2013-
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Aerobic Capacity Course
M.A. Dietetics. The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2014-2015)
B.S. Health Promotion. Emporia State University (2010-2014)
- Graduated w/honors. Summa cum laude
- Undergraduate research on strength training periodization
Track and basketball in high-school. Moved on to play one year of college basketball. Started training for bodybuilding in 2010 with the typical bro routines and fortunately stumbled upon science based practitioners that drastically changed the way I trained and ate. After putting in a few years of work, I competed in the Natural KC Classic in 2012, winning the novice division. For the past few years my goal has been to improve my physique, while focusing on powerlifting.
Best Powerlifting Performances
- Squat 485 lbs at 182lbs/83kg
- Bench 281 lbs at 182lbs/83kg
- Deadlift 524 lbs at 182lbs/83kg
To simplify both nutrition and training for clients. Find the unique motivations and goals for each athlete and adjust accordingly. Stress improvement, whether it be strength, muscle gain or fat loss over the long-term.
Constantly trying to find balance outside of training, eating and work. Reminding myself other things are important and can be enjoyable. In my free time I enjoy "decompressing" and being very lax. My goal is always to be the best, but not make myself too seriously in the process.